Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Year's, err, March 1st Resolutions

So I got to thinking about what I wrote the other day, (see, I'm already sticking to it, go me!) I've decided to make some other resolutions for myself and what I bring/offer to Mr C, my family and friends.
I know that I don't have a huge following.....Hello you three ;) But I think that by seeing my hopes and goals, I'll be able to motivate myself more. And you guys know that I love my lists and being able to cross things off of them.
Mr C was laughing at me because after talking about our debt payoff goals, I made a spread sheet for every month from now to 10 years out(yes 10 years) showing what each of the balances every month. (Yeah I was a little overboard) But it was so nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel. and just to clarify so that no one starts thinking we're crazy, the 10 years is for every single dollar that we owe including our trucks and mortgage! Yes we can have our house paid off in 10 years without spending more than we are right now. It was so motivating to see that.
So without further ado and in no specific order, here is my list of goals and wants, (yes, I added wants in my list also because I view them as goals also. My rule for any of the wants though is that we have to be able to pay cash for it without affecting our 10 year plan.)
Personal:
Loose weight: 30-40 pounds and just generally get in better shape.
Can you spot what is missing if this were really my salad? Yup, no gobs of ranch. Going along with the above goal, I'm going to try to eat healthier. Not that I eat terrible now, but I know there is room for improvement. Mr C and I both feel so much better after eating smaller, lighter meals that it will be a good thing for both of us. Do you like how I just included him in my goals, and he doesn't know yet.
I've gotten really lax with doing my hair and makeup. I tell myself that there isn't anywhere to get dressed up to go, but in reality I should do it for Mr. C and myself. Who cares if I'm "spending hours getting all dressed up, just to go to Shoney's on a Wednesday night" Bonus points for you if you can tell me what song that's from

Being on time. This goes without saying........maybe next year I'll actually do new resolutions during New Years instead of 3 months later...wouldn't that be something.

Household/Decorating:

New washer/dryer. One that won't move itself across the laundry room if it spins off balance.



Love, love, love this mirror from PB. It would be perfect for our living room.






This table to go directly under the mirror that I just posted.









This whole set. Wrap it up and I'll take it. I love how classic and yet how modern the chairs make it look, and they look so comfy, our family dinners always involve lots of laughing, teasing, and wine, and those chairs look like they could manage that.
Organize the sun room better. We use it for a craft room/home gym. Maybe that's why I'm less motivated to work out, it's just not fun to be in there right now. I definitely need to change that
Redo the pantry like I posted way back when. No I haven't forgotten, but Mr.C isn't gone anymore and he's not quite as for that idea.

Build an out door patio/fireplace where the pool was.





Add on/remodel deck to wrap around back of house.


Put french doors in Dining room opening out onto said deck.


Add a shade arbor to the portion of the deck directly off of the dining room.
Landscape the yard. This is a hard one because our yard is so big, and one of the lovely benefits of new construction is the complete lack of landscaping. It's just so overwhelming.

I know I'll add things to this list, but hopefully I'll be able to start crossing some things off before that. I can't add too much more to it, we'll be running out of room in our house for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment